It is not so usual, so you are guaranteed to look amazing, different, and totally cool. If you happen to be the adventurous type, go ahead and get a double lip piercing done. That will make people stand up and notice you for sure!
Lip piercing is a kind of body piercing that goes through the lips or the area around it. This can be done in many different ways.
One of them is the double lip or bites piercing which is a special kind of piercing, where two uniformly opposite lip rings are inserted. This could look like the fangs of a snake just as it is about to bite! 🙂
Without doubt, bite piercing does look quite crazy, but at the same time it is exotic. Actually lip piercing can be done anywhere around your mouth. The surface of the lip is not usually pierced unless it is a horizontal lip piercing or canine bites.
Here are a few kinds of bites piercing:
• Two lip piercing placed on either side of your lower lip is a snakebite
• Two piercing close to each other on either side of your lower lip is a spiderbite
• Two individual lip piercing – one on top and the other at the bottom is a cyberbite where you get a labret and medusa piercing
• Two top lip piercing similar to snakebite is an angelbite
• Two top lip piercing that is not as widely spaced as a snakebite but not as close together as a spiderbite is the viperbite
If you are wondering what a medusa piercing is, it goes through the center of your upper lip just under the septum of your nose.
With a double lip piercing both lip rings can be inserted into bites or you can wear labret rings. Labrets are usually pierced with a labret stud where the flat disc sits on the inside of the lip while the bead is visible on the outer side. These could be at the center of the lip or on the side.
Bites piercing can be exciting when you look at the variety of jewelry you can wear. There are metal studs with different ends. You can wear labrets in gold, surgical steel or titanium in different colors and designs. And of course, you can wear captive bead rings in your double lip piercing as well! 🙂
Some people have them fitted with spikes, balls, and gemstones or stone balls and innovative shapes. In any case, you are very unlikely to get bored with your double lip piercing, once you have had it done!